New tank pics and light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unda_da_sea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I 'm back into sw after 15+ years, although in a scaled down way. Tank is 2 weeks old with about 2 lbs of LR. Going to get another 2 pounds today. One fiesty blue devil(for cycling purposes). He's spitting rubble excavating his house in the big pink barnicle. Question - is a 13 watt compact flourescent enough for LR. I've been looking like mad for a 18 watt replacement bulb that will fit but I called marineland and the guy said this bulb has a "weird" 2 pin configuration, not a four pin straight or 4 pin square. Although i haven't taken the bulb out yet to confirm this i'm hoping this guy knows what he's talking about. He said to leave the bulb alone. Not very helpful. Anyone out there know of a replacement bulb without doing a retrofit kit? any info will be appreciated. ECLIPSE SYSTEM 12

Attachments

• img_0092_733.jpg
    img_0092_733.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 21
  • img_0091_111.jpg
    img_0091_111.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 23
  • img_0093_407.jpg
    img_0093_407.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 20
Welcome back!
I would suggest taking the poor damsel back, as he will soon be living in an ammonia/nitrIte sewage pit. These days, cycling a tank with livestock is considered somewhat out of date and unhumane.
That lighting should suffice for a FOWLR tank. I would suggest replacing the CC with sand. I had the CC and loved it at first, until I found it difficult to clean. You could possibly lessen the stress on the fish, by adding much more cured LR. Good luck and keep us posted!

unda_da_sea, you still there? I hope we didn't offend.

I dont see where anybody said anything to offend someone. The truth was told and done in a timely manner.

Yeah, I know, just wanted to make sure he didn't think we were bashing.

Back
Top Bottom