New tank placement... distance from wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've just acquired a 65g All-glass Aquarium. I plan on FOWLR. In a few weeks I am going to order the AquaC Remora protein skimmer. According to the AquaC website the skimmer is 2.75" from front to back. How far from the wall should I set my tank to allow enough room to add the skimmer? Is 4 inches enough? I would like it as close to the wall as reasonable. I imagine it would be very hard to move once it is filled with rock, sand and water.

Thanks,

-Maximo

that is how far most of my tanks are from the wall. and yes they are almost impossible to move when full, and I wouldn't reccomend trying it

I have mine a little farther from the wall, it allows me to reach back there for my mag float to clean the glass.

I suggest 6" myself. More if you have an overflow. Oh and that 65gal tank will be upward to 800-900 lbs when full so ya it wont move.

I've got mine about 10" from the wall. Mainly due to the fact that I couldn't get my DIY wet/dry under the stand without cutting the rear supports. Just didn't sound like a good idea :roll:

On a side note, I was able to move my tank about an inch forward earlier to move the wet/dry in trying to get the system tuned....nobody mentioned that part! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom