New Tank - possible fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rendao

Aquarium Advice Activist
Saw some nice fish today - thought they would suit my tank nicely BUT

image-1118373791.jpg

VERY EXPENSIVE !!!!!

Rendao said:
Saw some nice fish today - thought they would suit my tank nicely BUT

VERY EXPENSIVE !!!!!

Yes, very expensive. Youd need a large tank too!

Oh dear, maybe not the way to go then. My tank is 125 litres. Didn't think they got that big!

What about the red lines? LFS reckoned they are ok to keep, but I watched them a while and they seemed to swim up and down the tank as if they were on patrol and now and again would let the other fish know they were there by darting at them!

Rendao said:
That's them. Ah well back to the drawing board! Thanks for input though.

Ya, their great lookin fish, too bad they get too 6" and need schools. Do you have a build thread on here? Or if not, could you tell us your stock/ planned stock? We'd all like to help!

Gboy66 said:
Ya, their great lookin fish, too bad they get too 6" and need schools. Do you have a build thread on here? Or if not, could you tell us your stock/ planned stock? We'd all like to help!

No plans on fish stock really. Liked the look of the Torpedos and Dollars but had a feeling it might not work. I am aiming to plant and hardscape the tank today. Hoping I can then post some photos with a view to getting some ideas as to what might work. I know that's a little cheeky, but you guys all know so much more than me. Bought a nice aquarium fish book the other day and am reading frantically trying to cover up/reduce my knowledge short comings. Must say I am enjoying the whole thing very much and feel very fortunate in having this forum available, it really is a wonderful resource.

Rendao said:
No plans on fish stock really. Liked the look of the Torpedos and Dollars but had a feeling it might not work. I am aiming to plant and hardscape the tank today. Hoping I can then post some photos with a view to getting some ideas as to what might work. I know that's a little cheeky, but you guys all know so much more than me. Bought a nice aquarium fish book the other day and am reading frantically trying to cover up/reduce my knowledge short comings. Must say I am enjoying the whole thing very much and feel very fortunate in having this forum available, it really is a wonderful resource.

I so agree! Now will you be posting your photos and onfo here, or a different thread that you could direct me too?

G,boy - kind of a thread going - title is "Here we go". Would love your comments and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom