New tank possibly for cherry red shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking great!

It's nice to see the tanks finished :D

:D yay im glad you like it! Still working on the vase one but its looking like that ones not going to work but if it doesnt i have another big tank that im going to set up for mango!

Moss problem photos for scouser:

Like i said i have kept the plants I just dont know whether to put them back in..

Attachments

• IMG_8009.jpg
    IMG_8009.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7979.jpg
    IMG_7979.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 38
I recorded a video the other day you can see better how the moss has grown, ive taken this plant out now and all the ones on the right side of the tank the only one left in there is the one by the thermometer. Im going to put back the tall leafy one because it stops there being such a strong current from the filter, im just not sure about the long one :/

Moss in my tank - YouTube

Yea I picked it out by hand and in the end took the plant that was causing it out.. I havent put it back in yet but i kept it in a bucket with the tank water incase..

Ive tested my water 2 days apart now one after doing a water change and they were perfect both times!! PH always around 7.5, Ammo 0, Nitrite 0 and the nitrate was around 10 the first time and just testing it now its down to 5. Perfect. SO WHY DO THEY KEEP DYING!!! Got up this morning and one of my panda corys is dead :( So since I started the tank Ive lost 5 fish! :(
Yea one was due to travel, and possibly 2 were plants.. but I think it might be my bettas!! I know ive seen them attacking the tetras but I'm not sure why my panda is dead :( Im not sure what to do, I dont want to go get anymore if im going to keep sending them into a battle arena with my bettas!

Someone help T_T

The bettas could certainly be bullying these fish to death, the are known to be bullies towards other tank mates.

Some betta can live peacefully with other fish and some can't.

I'd suggest returning the bettas and seeing how the tank goes, if more fish die, then we can eliminate them as the cause.

There's nothing worse than a headache like this, I've had a breeding pair of honey gourami kill 6 tetra in one night -_-

Keep your head up!

The bettas could certainly be bullying these fish to death, the are known to be bullies towards other tank mates.

Some betta can live peacefully with other fish and some can't.

I'd suggest returning the bettas and seeing how the tank goes, if more fish die, then we can eliminate them as the cause.

There's nothing worse than a headache like this, I've had a breeding pair of honey gourami kill 6 tetra in one night -_-

Keep your head up!

Aw :/ I really dont want to return them, them and the corys are my favourites but its going to suck if Those are the only 3 i can have in the tank :/ They seemed to all be ok with each other when there were more plants to hide in.. but then the moss started trapping the tetras.. :S wow they sound just as mean as my bettas D:

If it turned out it wasnt the water or the bettas what else could it be?

(Also on a happy note, i was looking in my filter yesterday and all the baby snails are living in their :p cute)

If its not either of the 2, then it's likely a disease brought into the tank via the store you got them from.

This picture will show you how to identify and signs of illness, just sit and watch your fish for a while and see if you notice anything out of the ordinary.

image-327973166.jpg

Back
Top Bottom