new tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floridaboy89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got a 55 gal tank along with all the gravel, plants, filter, hoods, ect. i havnt had a fresh water tank since i was a little kid and we always had ciclids. my fiance and I just bought 2 African ciclids, one parrot, 3 ( the grey and black ) sharks, and 2 suckers. am I going to have problems?

I just got a 55 gal tank along with all the gravel, plants, filter, hoods, ect. i havnt had a fresh water tank since i was a little kid and we always had ciclids. my fiance and I just bought 2 African ciclids, one parrot, 3 ( the grey and black ) sharks, and 2 suckers. am I going to have problems?

Assuming the parrot is a blood parrot cichlid, you'll have problems with the African cichlids since they require different water parameters.

If the pleco is a common pleco, they will grow out your tank. Do you have any pictures?

What kind of African cichlids do your have?

i kno this sounds bad but i got them from walmart.... they had the parrot in with the cichlids so i figured they would be ok. there are also 2 blue Gourami

Back
Top Bottom