New tank startup advise needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deadna

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am currently starting up a 55 gallon marine tank. I'd like some feedback as to how my setup currently is, and any suggestions are helpful!
It is a glass 55 gallon(48x20x13) with CURRENT LED programmable, a basic glass hood, and wood stand. The filtration is all on a 10 gal. tank in the stand, with a hose siphoning water out of the tank on one end, then an AQUACLEAR 75 HOB filters the water, along with a CORALIFE 65 gal. protein skimmer. Then for added filtration and a pump, I've got a FLUVAL 203.
For stocking, I've got planned two clownfish, a sandsifter goby(diamond watchman goby), two firefish gobies, and a royal gramma. I can't find any other docile, bright fish to add. Any ideas? Thanks! Also, this is my first marine tank, so beginner fish are probably all I could handle. As a final tidbit of info, I'll only have this tank up for 3 years. My family is military, so long term is a no-go. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom