New tank stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
My new 120 should be back from drilling next week and set up will finally begin. I won't be able to have it running till I buy a skimmer with my next paycheck. I currently have:
maroon clown, blue green chromis and a scooter blenny.
i want to add the following to my new tank once its ready:
foxface, kole tang and zebra lionfish.
thoughts/inputs??scooter blenny.

Awesome! You don't need to wait for the skimmer, you can set it up and use the skimmer after it cycles or maybe even later (don't even need a skimmer if you're willing to do more frequent water changes). The lionfish is going to eat everything that fits in it's mouth so a lot of those fish would be its lunch :eek:! I think you should just stick with the peaceful fish (except the maroon clown can get pretty aggressive, but it's fine for now). The scooter blenny is actually a dragonet, so they are docile and require special feeding needs. So I'd say other than the lionfish and the scooter blenny, everything looks fine.

I wouldn't put any type of lion fish with fish that are smaller than it especially the ones on your list. They arent compatable because of their size and nature. The lion fish would just eat them as a snack. If you get a lion fish there are only certain fish they are compatable with.

obscurereef said:
Awesome! You don't need to wait for the skimmer, you can set it up and use the skimmer after it cycles or maybe even later (don't even need a skimmer if you're willing to do more frequent water changes). The lionfish is going to eat everything that fits in it's mouth so a lot of those fish would be its lunch :eek:! I think you should just stick with the peaceful fish (except the maroon clown can get pretty aggressive, but it's fine for now). The scooter blenny is actually a dragonet, so they are docile and require special feeding needs. So I'd say other than the lionfish and the scooter blenny, everything looks fine.

Okay great thanks for the tips! I already have the scooter I trained him to eat frozen already :)

Meagan said:
I wouldn't put any type of lion fish with fish that are smaller than it especially the ones on your list. They arent compatable because of their size and nature. The lion fish would just eat them as a snack. If you get a lion fish there are only certain fish they are compatable with.

Even if I buy a small one? I've ready that it would see the fish already in there as fellow inhabitants.

Back
Top Bottom