New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sum22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought myself a present today for moving. A 29g oak tank with a stand! I also got a filter, heater, two air bubblers, all the gravel, decorations, and the light.

I will be upgrading to a new filter and I need to get a hood. However, it cost only $70! I'm pretty excited. I will be setting that and my 10g up again after I finished the final leg of my move to Denver.

My ideas for stocking are:

Glass catfish (5)
Harlequin Rasboras or x-ray pristella tetras(5)
silver tip tetras or black neon tetras (5)
gold barbs(5)
oto catfish (2)

Anyone have experience with the gold barbs? I may leave those out, or one of the tetra species so I don't over stock the tank. That is just a rough idea I have as of right now.

Also in my 10g I'm going for a betta, 2 african dwarf frogs, and 4 white cloud minnows.

I can't wait to move so I can get everything set up and rolling. I've actually thought about buying another fish bucket, then adding filters for each tank and starting to cycle my tank in the bucket. That way, when I do set it up, the filters should be growing bacteria and then I won't have to wait as long for my cycle to finish once I set the tanks up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom