New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't have the tank yet still looking on craigslist. I think I'm going to get a 40 gallon breeder it's for my friend. I was looking for some good fish that will get along with 4 or so angelfish.

Well how many could I successfully keep when they are adults.

Okay that's fine because that's all they likes is angels so how about a bristlenose or clown pleco 2 angels and is there some type of dither fish that will work with them and can I start with 6 juveniles until they pair up.

I would go with the two and wait to see if they pair up. If they don't u can get more fish that or buy to females that would also work sadly the only way to tell the sex of an angel is during spawning so they might be quite costly if u want to get them now.

IMO, being only ~16 inches tall, a 40b is not a good home for Angels. They get pretty big and they like some vertical swimming space. Since you are still scouting for a tank, and want to keep Angels, why don't you look for something taller, the Angels will be much happier.

Danios are an excellent dither fish.

blert said:
IMO, being only ~16 inches tall, a 40b is not a good home for Angels. They get pretty big and they like some vertical swimming space. Since you are still scouting for a tank, and want to keep Angels, why don't you look for something taller, the Angels will be much happier.

Danios are an excellent dither fish.

16 inches is tall enough for angels. They usually only get about 6 inches tall. But I agree, a taller tank would be better.

Okay what would go good with these guys if it was a hexagon style tank.

josh7 said:
Okay what would go good with these guys if it was a hexagon style tank.

Best thing to do would be to browse around somewhere like liveaquaria.com or maybe the seriouslyfish.com profile section (or some other website with pictures). Maybe even visit your LFS. Gather a list of what catches your eye then post back here and ask what folks think about what would work best. People can give you suggestions all day but it would be easier if they knew what you were interested in to start with.

Okay will do I just showed my friend some fish and they liked cherry barbs, cardinal tetras, Cory catfish, pictus catfish, hatchetfish and giant danios.

Back
Top Bottom