New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I scored a 10g from my dads attic with the set up for some awsome lighting and I would like to take my 5g occupant(rcs a betta and some mystery snail babies) and move them to the 10g. All my filter and heating can accommodate this size. What is the best and easiest way to go about doing this transfer???

I would put your fish in a fish bowl (with water from your 5g in it) and dump the gravel, water, and everything in, then install filter, heater, add more water and gravel (if needed) then put your fish in your 10g.

I was wondering of that would work. I only have the one fish(betta) in that tank but I am more worried worried about the shrimp as they are more sensitive. Would I have to let it run for a few hours before I put everyone back in??

I was wondering of that would work. I only have the one fish(betta) in that tank but I am more worried worried about the shrimp as they are more sensitive. Would I have to let it run for a few hours before I put everyone back in??

No, you should be fine since you're using the same filter. What type of lighting do you have?

I haven't went to get bulb yet but have set up for a nice one:) I have low light in my 5g and everything grows great in it

Back
Top Bottom