New tank!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, just got a small 10 gallon and wanted to put a couple of really bright or rare type fish. I have 3 male guppies I'm putting in already. Any ideas on any unique fish. Thanks y'all

Can't think of any really bright fish that would do well in a 10 but harlequin rasboras will school nicely in a 10 gallon.

some cool bright and rare fish are electric blue rams, celestial pearl danios, gold rams, altum angelfish... unless ur tank isnt planted and ur knew to the hobby i dont recommend these or any rare fish

some cool bright and rare fish are electric blue rams, celestial pearl danios, gold rams, altum angelfish... unless ur tank isnt planted and ur knew to the hobby i dont recommend these or any rare fish

In a 10 gallon none of those except the cpds would be happy. Check out chilli rasbora, scarlet badis (or any dario species), and sparkling gourami.

Only the celestial pearl danios would be small enough for a 10 gallon. Do you already have the guppies? If you want rare fish try dwarf puffers in a species only ten gallon or perhaps a yellow betta with blueberry or yellow shrimp. If you are a beginner I would do the betta and shrimp.

Betta's will often make short work of shrimp. With already having 3 guppies you only have a little stocking room left. The CP Danio's are probably too timid with the guppies in there but Ember tetras would add a touch of color and have such a small bio-load you could probably do 6 with the guppies.

Back
Top Bottom