New tank!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecos4596

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm so excited!!! I got a new tank!!! Can't wait till I get to add the fish but gotta cycle it! I love Christmas!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387988195.897711.jpg And yes I know about the sunlight I got it I have blinds. What did you guys get?!

That's awesome how big and what are you going to stock! I just got a fish tank heater and some cashola haha.

Daylight might actully do it some good jsut not too much, better than your average light! Nice tank. How many gallons we looking at?

37 gallon all of these fish are 3 inches or under right now jack dempsey, 3 convict cichlids, and 2 yes I know mbuna socolofi. I'm planning in the near future finding the Americans a new home or Africans I don't know which one yet but my conditions are better for Africans right now sadly.

The convict when they breed will tear up all of those fish. The jack will need a 55 gallon in the near future. The Africans also will need a 55 gallon IMO. You should just keep the cons or rehome all of them. But nice Christmas present!

Today or tomorrow should I add one convict to start I know about the fish less cycle I promise lol. I have sand that already has bacteria in it and I have put flake food in the tank.

Thanks josh I know I'm in a wedge but I'm gonna all these fish happy somehow with 0 deaths if that means selling them or givin them away and of course I will keep some.

I wouldn't add one until the entire cycle is complete yes they are hardy but don't do it. Do you have any filter media if you do add that into your new filter let it run for a day then add a con. But I would really just do cons in your tank. You sound like a responsible owner it might mean giving away your jack and mbuna until you get a 55+ I wouldn't get them.

I wouldn't add one until the entire cycle is complete yes they are hardy but don't do it. Do you have any filter media if you do add that into your new filter let it run for a day then add a con. But I would really just do cons in your tank. You sound like a responsible owner it might mean giving away your jack and mbuna until you get a 55+ I wouldn't get them.

+1 because its a 37long it makes it alittle worse too.

Back
Top Bottom