New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paularchibald8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have set up a my new planted tank I ended up using black sand and put a good amount of plants with driftwood in my tank. I ended up putting in 2 pea puffers a peacock gundgeon and a male and female gold spotted goby ( they are a silvery metallic goby) and so far worst that's happened is pea puffers were chasing each other a bit, but the peacock gundgeon has been doing a lot of hiding and the gobies not as much but still hiding a good amount any suggestions on how to get them to be more active and out? I know gobies by nature can be skidish

So I have set up a my new planted tank I ended up using black sand and put a good amount of plants with driftwood in my tank. I ended up putting in 2 pea puffers a peacock gundgeon and a male and female gold spotted goby ( they are a silvery metallic goby) and so far worst that's happened is pea puffers were chasing each other a bit, but the peacock gundgeon has been doing a lot of hiding and the gobies not as much but still hiding a good amount any suggestions on how to get them to be more active and out? I know gobies by nature can be skidish

With more plant coverage/hiding places and with time, they should be less shy.

Thanks man and anyone personally have experience with these gobies? Not found much on them online and I like to know everything I can about them

Pictures of Planted Tank

So in the pictures below are the pictures for the tank I was refering to, if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep everything or move stuff around to make my tank more active let me know I really love my new gobies and want to see them more

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 57
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 60
  • FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 64
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 60
Nice looking tank but puffers are very territorial and love to nip fins. Peacocks are a little shy anyway. With added aggression it's no surprise that it's hiding. I know nothing about your other gobies though.

I would keep an eye on those puffers. As said above they are aggressive and can rip up fish find like none other.

Caleb

you think i would be better off taking the pea puffers out? If i do i want to go for a goby and oddball tank any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom