New taotronic question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gboduszek

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just hung my new unit today. It's about 12" away from the surface and I was just wondering if that's good placement? Here's a photo also..

image-97559968.jpg

Also as you can see the light sprays everywhere including onto my desk.. Anything I can do about this? I only ask cuz I'm always at my desk cuz this is my room at my college house

If there is too much light spilling out the top, lower the lights. It doesn't look like there is much in the way of a lens on the lights. Fiddle with the hight until you find the sweet spot.

Ugh. I think ill leave it for now and hopefully just her used to it. It took about an hour to get them all hung. Bolting this hangers into the wall wasn't pleasant haha

Build a valance that wraps around the top of the tank.paint the inside white to reflect the light back into the tank.

Are these the dimmable Taos? If so, you can lower the fixture and dial down the brightness so you don't bleach out the stuff in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom