New to aquariums & excited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone :)
I am new to having my own aquariums and am excited to be here. When I was a small child my grandfather had a room with approximately 50 freshwater fish tanks. I use to love to visit and I always found myself drawn to the Angel fish tank. He passed many years ago when I was still very young so I am unable to have his guidance with my own aquariums. I would love to eventually have a salt tank. I think it would be best for me to do freshwater first though to gain the experience. I look forward to chatting and learning from everyone here.

My current aquariums are:

1 29 gallon tank which contains 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Gold Gouramis & 2 Rainbow sharks. ( I got the Rainbow Sharks at Petco today. The "expert" said he would at least put 2 in the tank. I am now worried after reading up on them about fighting)

1 29 gallon tank waiting to be set up. I would like to put Chocolate Gold fish in this tank

1 10 gallon tank containing 2 Creamsicle Mollys & Plattys. I'll be moving the small Plattys to another tank soon.

1 10 gallon tank containing 1 Betta, 4 guppys, 1 Sword tail, 1 Balloon Belly Molly & 1 Cherry Shrimp that lives in the floating fern.

1 5 gallon tank containing 1 Betta, 1 Endler, 1 Black Phantom Guppy & 1 Ghost Shrimp

Welcome to AA! Don't be scared of salt! It's amazing! Just be sure to do your research before diving in. It's really not as hard as it sounds it just takes time, patience, knowledge and $$ :)

Thank you. I've heard salt is more difficult than freshwater. I've tried Angelfish with no luck recently which gives me doubts about moving forward with more advanced fish care. I'll probably try a salt tank within the year.

The thing about saltwater is it takes a little more research, and patience. And you don't wanna skimp on any equipment. It's way more expensive than freshwater but also way more rewarding and in terms of care it's actually not all that much harder :p

Back
Top Bottom