New to corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a good insurance policy. A lot of folks do not QT them, but there are also a lot of horror stories out there about wiping out a tank with a diseased specimen. If you have the means, it is a good idea.

Fort, do you dip your corals in Revive or Coral RX? I heard it was a good thing to do incase there are any flatworms or parasites. Also, can you dip anemone?

nikki_kaiser said:
Fort, do you dip your corals in Revive or Coral RX? I heard it was a good thing to do incase there are any flatworms or parasites. Also, can you dip anemone?

I have never dipped coral frags and been lucky so far but my new 150g just cycled and im going to dip all frags before i put em in to big and to much money invested in this one :)

I have done lugols dips prior to adding to the DT in the past. It supposedly causes anything foreign to jump off the coral. It seemed to work as after the lugols dip I would see pods, etc in the bottom of the bucket. Not sure on nems. Never had one or researched that.

Back
Top Bottom