New to marine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Walkerrobin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,
I am currently setting a my first saltwater tank, it is a 100 litre tank and I plan to keep two clown fish and the usual clean up crew. I already have some substrate and live rock curing. Question is do I need a protein skimmer as I don't plan to keep any coral? And will the clown fish be ok for a tank this size?

Thanks in advance!

R

IMO skimmers on smaller tanks are not necessary. Just keep up with your water changes. I think a clown will do fine in your tank. I've had a pair of Maroon Clowns in a 30 gallon for over a year.

Hi,

I have been asking plenty of questions and things seem to be coming along. I just in my fishless cycle and will start testing amm and Ni soon. As it's a 20 gal tank, will a pair or one clown bs ok and can I add anything else, I ask as I'm conscious of overcrowding. Also Wgat would be best fir the cuc?

Big tanks!

Robin

Ps here is a pic, tell me what you think so far!!

Attachments

• image-2150625738.jpg
    image-2150625738.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 140
For your CUC, I would go with a few nassarius snails to stir the sand; maybe a Turbo or some Ceriths for algae control.

Thanks, do you think a pair of common clowns would be ok in the 20g tank and would there be any room for anything else?

I also really want feed back on my LR set up, does any one think any more is needed, I really want the best set up for my pair of clowns!

Cheers!

Attachments

• image-3305634053.jpg
    image-3305634053.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 126
A pair of clown woulkd probably be okay in there. You're thinking Perculas/Ocellaris, right? You could add a shrimp or two also. How much LR do you have?

thanks, yes I am thinking of Perculas/Ocellaris, do they grow to around the same size? I currently have about 8kg of live rock.

Pretty much, yes. Maybe a half inch or so in difference.

To me I think you need more rock, and break up the pieces you have

Back
Top Bottom