New to Planting, Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nghsquad05

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two 55 gallon tanks I am looking to add a type of grass and plants into I have had both tanks set up for about a year. Both are doing great and have had no problems so I don't want to mess that up but I want some good plants growing. In one tank I have about 6 African chiclids and the other I have 2 tiger oscars. Does anyone have any advice that would go good with them or just any advice. I currently just have have regular gravel in the bottom of both the tanks and just regular lights they came with. Should I get sand to put on the bottom to help the plants?

Unfortunately Africans will most likely eat what ever plants you put in there,been there done that...Oscars are prone to redecorating a tank how they see fit&will most in evitabily uproot plants in the substrate&again been there done that with little or no success..

What Africans do you have? Also Oscars usually demand a min 75g for 1 fish as they grow larger a 55g will become tiny for them with little room to swim&turn around...

I am eventually going to get a bigger tank. But I just need something to decorate it and make it no look so blah

I'd suggest some tall fake plants with some good color...give em something to find cover under or behind..

Ok ill try some fake plants as well as real ones to see if they dig the plants up. I am also going to put some rocks in to give them caves. I'm also going to try this idea I saw using PVC to make caves

Back
Top Bottom