new to site and saltwater- 29 gallon biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miabella

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I just started my 29 gallon biocube yesterday. Your site has been very helpful getting me started so I decided to join. I'm going for a nano reef setup and have started my tank with 20lbs of live sand and 20lbs of live rock. I used premixed saltwater from my local fish store, I took out the bio-balls in the back and put in live rock rubble. My heater is in the third chamber in the back area of the tank and I added a marineland maxi-jet 900 to help with flow. I'm in no hurry to add any fish, invertebrates or corals, as I want my tank to be as stable as possible so I don't kill anything. I'm a little confused on how long I leave which lights on... there are three that came with it 1. Lunar blue-moon-glow led lamps 2. Actinic 03 blue compact florescent lamp 3. 10,000K daylight compact florescent lamp I'm not sure how long I leave each on? Also when should I start testing water samples? Any and all help and guidance is very appreciated! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom