New to the hobby what is this stuff???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeferhead911

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think this might be the start of bubble algae not quite sure any help I don't want my tank messed up only had it a month.

image-3838880097.jpg

image-3507024798.jpg

image-2915348308.jpg

Looks like a type of cayno bacteria . I would take the rock out and scrub it down. You feed a lot? Bubble algae is little green balls.

Buy some rodi water or saltwater from the lfs and use that.

So I can use the rodi water that I have for top off to clean it a bit and then just put it back in the tank cool thanks guys...

Yea if it's rodi water your good. Just make sure your tds is at or near zero. I'm assuming you have your own machine? If so your on the right track. Good luck it's addicting!!

Yah it is addicting Luis all I do now is saltwater stuff my wife loves it and hates it. What are tds I still don't know all the lingo yet.

Tds is the total dissolved solvents. Pretty much it's the junk in the water you don't want. We all strive for 0 tds for our rodi. By replacing the filters and having a decent machine you can achieve this. You can get a handheld tds meter or one that's wired into your ato(auto-top off) that way you can keep an eye on when to change the filters in the rodi machine. Yea my wife loves looking at the tank but definitely doesent like hearing me talk about it all the time :)

How's the rocks squeaky clean? If you see little spots in the future just scrub em of. Maybe rinse your food in ro before feeding. My wife listens but I think shes thinking about her tank!

I'm headed down to the LFS today and talk to them about the problem see what they recommend but going to scrub the rock tonight and see what happens. My wife wants a sea horse tank but that will have to wait untill I get a little better at this tank thing.

Back
Top Bottom