New Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatbikeguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well i have upgaded from my 8 gallon nano to a 29 tall. after about 2 months of getting everything together and then another month of cycling, i have it stocked and running good. I have about 30# of aragonite and 37# of LR. I have a occy and a black occy. they paired up after 2 days! there is also a green clown goby. i have one skunk cleaner, one sexy shrimp (a couple more planned), 8 blue leg hermits, one halloween hermit, one zebra hermit, and a green emerald crab. my coral stock is a load of different mushrooms, loads of zoas, 3 rock anemone, a fat st. thomas mushroom, a triple head frogspawn, orange palys, green star polyps, and some clove polyps. as far as lighting i had an ecoxotic controller so i went with 3 eco panorama pros, one 445nm blue, and 2 12k/445. to back those up there are also the stunner strips i had on the 8 gallon. the stunners are 2 453 blues, 1 453/magenta, 2 8k. the tank is a little blue but i like it. thanks to all the advice on here ive got a nice little piece of ocean. thanks y'all!

Attachments

• DSC04774.jpg
    DSC04774.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC04750.jpg
    DSC04750.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC04784.jpg
    DSC04784.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC04757.jpg
    DSC04757.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 81
Nice will be when better as it matures, will have to keep us updates.

That looks awesome. I think the more blue makes it look absolutely amazing. Have you had any problems with your emerald crab as far as your coral stock goes?

No problems with the emerald. He only eats what I put in the tank, no, corals, and ocassionally ill throw in a couple pieces of bubble algae my lfs gives to me. He loves it. I was hesitant based on other peoples emeralds sometimes eat polyps and what not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom