New User: BrownBullhead... from Manitoba, Canada.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownBullhead

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well... it's about time I introduce myself on this forum... I go by the nick "BrownBullhead" which is one of the staples of my fishing adventures as a youth growing up in Toronto. I now live in Manitoba... long story, don't ask. :) I am 29 years old. I work as a Security Officer in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I kept fish with my Father growing up, but nothing more than "community tanks," and the oddball species here and there.

Currently, my hobby interests are with Lake Tanganyika... although I traded my mixed bag of Tanganyikan Cichlids in to a local hobby store earlier this year and acquired various Syno. species. I also bought two colonies of Tropheus (Black "Kiriza" and Moorii "Nkonde") from James Ford @ Ford's Fantastic Fish when he was having a moving sale a few months back. I lost a few from each colony due to bloat about a month after I had them, but since then I have nothing but success! I even had my first ever spawn last month! I now have 8-10 juvenile Kiriza lurking in the rock piles. :)

My current fish I keep are as follows:

20 (approx.) Tropheus Black Kiriza, plus fry...
20 (approx.) Tropheus Moorii Nkonde...
12 Syno. Multipunctatus...
29 Syno. Petricola...

And one Typhlonectes Natans... still, as always, I have to keep one oddball species. This guy is now 22" and growing. He eates earthworms but leaves fish alone with is cool. :)

Anyway, thanks for reading... see you in the message threads!

If a user would like to post links to other aquarium forums and aquarium related sites, which category in this forum would be the most appropriate? Over on Winnipeg Fish Forum, we have a specific category for "Fish Related Links". Is there anything here that would be similar? And feel free to check out our Winnipeg Fish Forum... that's where I do most of my forum posting. :) Cheers!

You can edit your profile from the homepage. Top right, under your user name should be a link for that. As for advertising for other fish sites, you can post one site per month in the lounge.

Back
Top Bottom