New video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing tank and aquascape...I would be happy if I was a fish in that tank.

I love you loach the best Is it a botia?

sally pu said:
Amazing tank and aquascape...I would be happy if I was a fish in that tank.

I love you loach the best Is it a botia?

Thanks! And yup that's a Botia loach. I have 6 of them.

bcurlacher54 said:
how many fish are in there? no im not gonna whine about it being overstocked, just wondering is all?

LoL no problem, I have thick skin and would never post a video if I couldn't take some constructive criticism or even some flaming. Anyway currently the tank has 42 cichlids, 6 Botia loaches 2 other loaches (forget the name) 1 red tail shark.

I've always said from the start that I'm overstocked and I don't say it's right or wrong. It's my tank and I guess I made that decision.

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
LoL no problem, I have thick skin and would never post a video if I couldn't take some constructive criticism or even some flaming. Anyway currently the tank has 42 cichlids, 6 Botia loaches 2 other loaches (forget the name) 1 red tail shark.

I've always said from the start that I'm overstocked and I don't say it's right or wrong. It's my tank and I guess I made that decision.
p

With mine I was trying to stay just a little over stocked but these misfits won't stop breading for 5 min.. lol

Very nice video convict. :).
What do you have in there one of everything?

Andrew McFadden said:
p

With mine I was trying to stay just a little over stocked but these misfits won't stop breading for 5 min.. lol

Very nice video convict. :).
What do you have in there one of everything?

Yeah mine too!! Fry all the time it's crazy! I currently have 4 holding! And yeah it's a mixed bag, pretty much 1 of everything seems to be ok been up and running since October. Just that bad battle with columnaris and a few death here and there but that's to be expected in a new tank as they establish there territory, in the very very beginning I did however have to re home my bumble bees and auratus's they were just too aggressive and everyone pretty much hid. It was a whole different tank when they were removed.

im addicted to buying more fish, my auratus wont stop making more. i give a cpl away they make 3 more. i believe in trying your tank the way you want to. everything doesnt work the same for everyone. my stock list isnt exactly what most people might suggest buts it works for me.(so far) yes ive had to rehome a few but most people do at some point i think.

bcurlacher54 said:
im addicted to buying more fish, my auratus wont stop making more. i give a cpl away they make 3 more. i believe in trying your tank the way you want to. everything doesnt work the same for everyone. my stock list isnt exactly what most people might suggest buts it works for me.(so far) yes ive had to rehome a few but most people do at some point i think.

I agree every tank is different and every tank personality is different. What works for you my not for me and etc etc... I've been happy with my stock even if some disagree, my theory is maintain a clean tank and give enough space for everyone and you should be fine.

Hey... If we didn't experiment with the hobby I don't believe it would grow IMO...

Convict2161 said:
I agree every tank is different and every tank personality is different. What works for you my not for me and etc etc... I've been happy with my stock even if some disagree, my theory is maintain a clean tank and give enough space for everyone and you should be fine.

Hey... If we didn't experiment with the hobby I don't believe it would grow IMO...

I'm with ya and feel the same way

Back
Top Bottom