newb to freshwater and planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Replaced the broken hood, fish are out and active! Man this is the most beautiful tank I've ever set up.

You've done a great job!! I'm thinking where that log is you need a piece of driftwood with some java moss or an Anubias attached to it. Then maybe a tall plant behind it that has a reddish color.

Thanks Jen. This is my favorite tank, even over the saltwater ones I've done. It's just so clean and gorgeous and beautiful. By far this is the most amazing tank. I'm speechless and I just stare at it for hours.

Can't wait to get the fake stuff out of there.

Thanks Jen. This is my favorite tank, even over the saltwater ones I've done. It's just so clean and gorgeous and beautiful. By far this is the most amazing tank. I'm speechless and I just stare at it for hours.

Can't wait to get the fake stuff out of there.

How do the frogs do? Do they hide alot or do they swim around? I've never really thought about it, but I could get a couple for my 55.

Freshwater is so awesome.

Water straight out of the tap with dechlorinator. No waiting for rodi filter. No mixing overnight.

Top off and replace without worrying about salinity.

The neon tetras and plants are very colorful too.

Saltwater and freshwater each have their own advantages and I like both of them.

Video. Dead rasbora tho. Water quality is fine, he just been acting funny. I didn't notice he was dead until I took this video.. I've since removed him.

Thanks so much! It's not even close to being fully planted. Gonna get that thing bushy and crowded.

Emptying my inbox now.

Gong good. Completely cycled. Me and my momma looked at plants we want on live aquaria. Anyone know if they charge alot for shipping plants?

Gong good. Completely cycled. Me and my momma looked at plants we want on live aquaria. Anyone know if they charge alot for shipping plants?

I think it's $14 for 2 day delivery. Best deal on plants I've gotten is from Mikeswetpets on ebay or aquabid. Don't buy plants from overseas, they're small and take forever to get to you.
Also remember some plants are grown immersed so when you put them in your tank the leaves may fall off.

Thanks jefferzbooboo!

I'm in full blown diatom mode. Sucks! But I know it's temporary. Also I can see little bubbles on the plants sometimes. Is this bubble algae or the plants making oxygen?

Thanks jefferzbooboo!

I'm in full blown diatom mode. Sucks! But I know it's temporary. Also I can see little bubbles on the plants sometimes. Is this bubble algae or the plants making oxygen?

The little bubbles you see are oxygen, they're fine. You won't see a bubble algae in a FW like in SW.

Whoops forgot to attach.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130216_211421.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130216_211421.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom