Newbie Fish List?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EG617

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im new to the saltwater hobbie. My tank is done cycling for a while now currently i have a clean up crew in there snails and hermits with 2 cleaner shrimps, an emerald crab and a couple of zoathids frags. I cant wait to add fishes :lol: Heres my list let me know if its compatible or not.

Clownfish x2, Mandarin dragonet, Bangaii cardinal, Jawfish, Bi color goby, Purple Fire Fish, Yellow Watchman w/pistol shrimp, Blue Tang, Yellow Tang

I only have a 70 gal tank w/ 70lb of LR is this too much livestock? I also heard the tangs can get big and aggressive espically the yellow tang. Im planning on getting the tangs very small and adding them last. Any comments will be greatly appreciated thanks. :p

Welcome to AquariumAdvoce.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I would Pick one of the two tangs, as a 70gal would be a bit tight for two. It could be accomplished if they were both small, but you may run into problmes eventually. I would add the yellow tang last, it iis the most agressive. Skip the dragonet, at least for now. They have a very specific diet and rely soles on pods from the LR to eat. Most just starve to death in an aquarium. You need a very mature/established tank with over 100lbs of LR and a sump/fuge in order to keep these long-term. Everything else looks okay. The hard part is adding things slowly. You should add a fish and wait 4-6 weeks before adding another one. In a new tank you need t let the natual biological filter catch up with the increase bioload. Adding livestock slowly is one of the keys to success. If you are new to the hobby I strongly recommend you get a good book on SW tanks. I like "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. Best of luck in the start up and remember to keep stopping by AA!

Back
Top Bottom