Newbie here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlc63

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I am very new to aquariums so I joined this site in order to learn from others. My granddaughter had a 2 gallon aquarium that had 2 small goldfish in it. They have grown quite a bit, so we bought her a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The only advise I can give is don't put freshwater fish in with the goldfish as they will eat them and they last for years and can grow quiet big

Thank you for the advice....I am sure she just plans on just keeping the goldfish in it. Do you happen to know the limit on how many she should have in it?

I think 2 will be your limit IMO if they are only little the will be good in the for now but you may need to upgrade

Have you got a filter? That makes a big difference esp for a dirty fish like a goldfish - the tank stays cleaner the fish are happier. An internal filter like a Stingray Elite 10 costs about £15-20 (no idea about dollars), so filters are fairly cheap

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome to AA op, I advise against goldfish because for 2 you will need 20g for the first and 10g extra for the second goldfish. If you want fish for a 10g that your grandaughter might like check out guppies or a betta with snails and a small group of schooling fish.

Back
Top Bottom