Newbie needs some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alichestnut

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, im new in this forum and i would like to ask you guys for some help.

I've recently purchase a 10gallon tank and im really interested in getting some cherry barbs. how many cherry b. can i stock in a 10g tank? also, im planning to do bare bottom w/ decors. can they thrive on a bare bottom tank?

Hello everyone, im new in this forum and i would like to ask you guys for some help. I've recently purchase a 10gallon tank and im really interested in getting some cherry barbs. how many cherry b. can i stock in a 10g tank? also, im planning to do bare bottom w/ decors. can they thrive on a bare bottom tank?

Hello and welcome!
:wave:
Cherry barbs are shy, schooling fish, so a group of five would make them more comfortable. You would probably need some substrate- sand or fine gravel, as they like plants and hiding spots. I think they need plants to lay their eggs on.
Or you could do a bare bottom with stem plants planted into pots and/or ferns etc attached to driftwood.

do you know any plants that can thrive to low light and doesnt need much maintenance? also, do you know any type of plant that i can just tie to a drift wood and will stem in it?

do you know any plants that can thrive to low light and doesnt need much maintenance? also, do you know any type of plant that i can just tie to a drift wood and will stem in it?

Both java fern and anubia will grow onto driftwood, and are low maintenance, low light plants

Back
Top Bottom