Newbie Saltwater Lover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbondy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am very new at saltwater tank ownership. I have a 36 gallon bow front with water, sand, 37 LB of live rock, 3 damsels, some hitchhikers( that I am constantly trying to ID). Only 17 days into the process and waiting for the cycle of my tank before advancing to the next level. I have a filter bubble over with a Remora protein skimmer (back of tank). So far, ammonia level has reached less than .25 and everything else is 0. pH, temp and salinity has remained constant. I did my first 15% water change at 2 weeks. My protein skimmer (besides being loud) is working and I have emptied about 1/2 cup. My LR was uncured from a good LFS with lots of purple and fun stuff on it. I had great help picking out good pieces. I attached a picture of my first attempt at aquascape. I have a couple of I think teddybear crab, a couple small clams??? a couple of feather dusters, sm mushrooms, aptasia- sm amount, little worms, lots of color:pink, purple, plum, different shades of green. Yes, small patch of grassy algae. I think too soon to put in shrimp or crab right?? I even questioned about the damsels to start but they said was ok and then trade for clown after tank cycles. Am I doing everythink ok?? Any suggestions?? I have been a little obcessed with checking water to make sure everything is ok, at one week no change in water so decided to wait until 2 weeks... Sorry so much info,, could use some advice.. Thanks!!:fish2:
Unable to upload picture....

Last edited:
It is the hardest part of the hobby waiting but for years of interesting and fun it's worth every slow hour lots of people will give you advice and these people on here know what they are talking about good luck

Picture of First Set up Aquascape!!

first saltwater.jpg

My first attempt at aquascape...I may fine tune it. Any suggestions??

Back
Top Bottom