Newbie stocking/tank size question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniflea84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Now, when a certain amount of space is recommended for certain species of fish, is that absolute, or is it just a minimum amount to house that fish in? For example (and these numbers may be way way off as this is just off the top of my head) if a flame angelfish needs 30 gallons and a pair of ocellaris clowns needs 20 gallons, could you house the three fish in a single 30 gallon tank, or would the minimum be a 50 gallon tank?

Just as a little background, I've never had a marine tank but would absolutely love to get one at some point. I don't have space at the moment which is probably a good thing since it prevents me from running out and buying stuff before I know what to get. So I am in the planning/dreaming phase, trying to decide just how big to go.

I would say 3 would be good for your Tank. Since I have a 55G the most I can put in are 6. So if your saying two clowns and a Flame Angel I would say yes. Maybe some others might say not to. but will see what they say.... :)

It`s talking about the minimum for that individual fish. But at some time you`ll reach the maximum bio load for your tank. It really depends on what`s in the tank. Good question.

Back
Top Bottom