newbie to the site from glasgow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ails

Aquarium Advice Newbie
20pzm8k.jpg

Hi I have just upgraded to a 100litre tank and it all seems to be going well!!
I have 2 male dwarf gourami's which i was sold with the impression that they would get on!! At the start I had to seperate them and move things around in the tank to stop them fighting. 3 weeks later and they seem to best buddies. One of them Razzle has built a bubble next and has stripped some of my plants to make a wee den. The other one Dazzle has taken the other corner but no bubble nest yet.

I also have some tiger barbs which make the tank look lively and get on with the other tank mates.

I have a bristlenose catfish who is about 5 years old!! Great fish with lots of character and very peaceful. We see him a lot cleaning the tank and he comes out when im sitting next to the tank.

Looking for any tips/suggestions and would also love to see gravel planted tanks.

Thanks
Ails

Welcome to AA !
Tank looks awesome, yeah dwarf gourami can be aggressive, I have honey gourami which are completely non-aggressive. That said I love dwarfs very pretty fish, but they'd eat my livebearer fry and terrorize the parents. Lol

Gourami

Hey,
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the nice compliment on my tank.

The gourami's are really pretty and brilliant to watch. Id thought about getting the honey gourami but the blue strip on the dwarf won me over! lol.

Has your gourami made a nest? Is it quite normal for a male to do this when there is no female? im guessing it territory thing. Its quite impressive to watch as well.

what size of tank do you have and what else do you have in it.
Ails

The top pic is my 10 gallon endlers and mystery snail tank. The bottom pic is my wife and 9yr old daughters 55 gallon guppy mansion. 1494702582145.jpg

Attachments

• 1494702582145.jpg
    1494702582145.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom