newbie: want to know about cardinal tetra and how to setup aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, cardinal tetras are fairly hardy and easy to keep, but should be kept in schools, so maybe 5-6 together. I'd recommend having at least a 10-15 gallon tank to keep a school of them, if not larger.

Also, have you heard of fishless cycling? It's probably the best way to get your tank ready for fish without having to worry about them being stressed or dying.

I had a 150 gallon freshwater tank about 6 years ago and I had A school of about 20 Cardinal tetra and maybe 10 or 12 bloodfin tetra. I used to love watch'n the the two schools operate independently of one another. I've been out of the freshwater game for sometime now. youre best bet is to get on the freshwater threads and I'm sure sure you'll get answers to all you're questions or at the very least you'll get pointed in the right direction. Welcome to AA

Moved to Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started Forum... You'll get more answers here.

I do agree with Scalare, make sure to familiarize yourself with fishless cylcing before you even think of getting fish.

Welcome to the forum!

I'd also recommend checking out the link in my signature for fishless cycling info. I'm a little preferential to that one...I wrote it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom