Newbie with a question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cubswin17

Aquarium Advice Regular
I used to freak out about anything and everything that I couldn't identify (I say that like it was a long time ago, but it was only a few weeks, LOL). I think I'm over that now! LOL! But I am curious as to what these are... They are all over the bottom of my tank. Thanks for help with I.D.

image-1934216631.jpg

Attachments

• image-1198373393.jpg
    image-1198373393.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 130
tlkng1 said:
Do they move?

They don't appear to be moving at all. However the one that I took a closeup picture of is no longer there, but I think my hermit crab may have been through that area and ate it, I can see his tracks in the sand.

Following this one. The second picture could have been taken in my tank. :) Although, I added a Diamond Watchman Goby on Sunday afternoon and last night I noticed a lot less of these. I don't think he is eating them though because he only sifts the very surface of the sand at this point.

SteveFishman said:
Are they bubbles?

The dark spots in the sand up against the glass on the close up shot are bubbles. But the thing on the top of the sand that looks like a solid cylinder isn't. They range from about an 1/8" to about 1/4" long. I'm stumped!

Just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing I circled what I am puzzled by in the pic.

Attachments

• image-1892957256.jpg
    image-1892957256.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 106
kelly77143 said:
Could it be poop from the goby??

The goby belongs to Rdnelson99... I only have two small clowns, way too much poop for them. It also just showed up overnight. Who knows?? Weird!!

Have you felt it? If its hard It's probably a tube from a featherduster that chipped off a rock...

SteveFishman said:
Have you felt it? If its hard It's probably a tube from a featherduster that chipped off a rock...

I haven't felt them yet, I will when I get home from work tonight. I only have one feather duster in my tank, and there is about 50 of these things laying around the floor of the tank. They are only on the front side of my rocks as well I just noticed. I'll let you guys know what they feel like tonight. Thanks for the help!

Cubswin17 said:
I haven't felt them yet, I will when I get home from work tonight. I only have one feather duster in my tank, and there is about 50 of these things laying around the floor of the tank. They are only on the front side of my rocks as well I just noticed. I'll let you guys know what they feel like tonight. Thanks for the help!

Just checked it out, they aren't hard. They were actually soft. Any guesses???

It's poop. Have the same thing in my tank and the one I take care of. Whose poo is it? I have no idea but I'm 95% certain it's poop.

Back
Top Bottom