Newbie with freshwater aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyBeFly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys I'm new to the world of aquariums and fish and have been doing massive amounts of research for the community tank I would like!

The tank is 75 gallons with the stand and that's about it. So recommendations for the right equipment is appreciated as well, I've done the search, but personal recommendation is always best!

we were thinking of doing 2-3 dwarf Gouramis (we love the flame orange, but the blue is just as beautiful!)
A mix of neon, cardinal and rummy nose tetras, at least six each
2 maybe 3 kuhli loaches
a few of the upside down catfish (if possible)
1 type of shrimp, decent size to not be eaten, but to have enough for show but if they breed a little some the fish could keep them in check! don't know though just an idea thrown around and would like some opinions.

thanks guys for any and all advice and ideas and I can't wait to get started. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated when I start!

Welcome to the community. Looking forward to seeing what you put together.

75g will give you lots of options and scope for your first aquarium.

Are you after some specific recommendations (brandname model etc) or just some general recommendations (filter type, light, heater etc)?

Link to thread containing some useful information for new fishkeepers if you havent already found it.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/foru...ou-get-started-with-your-aquarium-154837.html

If you havent already looked into it, a basic understanding of the nitrogen cycle and how to cycle a tank will help avoid issues down the road.

Back
Top Bottom