Newbies....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verbalkint

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not sure if I have had this one ID'd before or not, but there are a few new things I'd like to know about.. ;-)

1:

IMG_2896.sized.jpg

2:

IMG_2897.sized.jpg

And finally,

3:

IMG_2898.sized.jpg

Mind you, #'s 2 and 3 are sideways (Didn't rotate images before uploading.)

My main question, aside form their ID, is...

#3 is REAL close to #1. Will these 2 hurt one another, or are they a'ok as they are?

Thanks a ton guys. ;-) (and gals)

The top one looks like a cabbage coral, the second a mushroom, the third one a carnation coral maybe?

Thanks Fluff.. ;-)

I've heard somewhere that mushrooms had to be fed specially.. Is that correct, or am I misled?

The 3rd one looks like a tree... It's less that 1/2 an inch from the cabbage thing, when they are both open wide....

No, mushrooms don't need fed. I edited my post by the way. Possible ID on the third coral. I'm not sure about the aggression of these corals but, will try to find out.

Ok, from what I can find, having them that close is a bad idea. The tree coral is sensitive to other soft corals and the cabbage will shed. This mucus will effect other soft corals in close proximity. If possible, I would give them both some space. Soft corals are pretty hardy and they grow pretty fast. Save you some trouble to do it now while they are small.
Also, although I don't feel they "need" feeding, your corals may benefit from some type of phytoplankton added a couple times a week if you want.

Back
Top Bottom