newest 125 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pic of my male exochromis anageney showing his blues off here, he changes often n shows off oranges n yellows too!! Love his fins so happy with this addition to.my tank

ForumRunner_20130222_004120.jpg

ForumRunner_20130222_004045.jpg

Wow yours look great! I've just never heard of them before for some reason. I'm gonna have to get one when I get my dream 125g cichlid tank. How is your flame back? I want to get one of those in the future too

Keep an eye on your ph levels. If you plan on having so much driftwood that will bring the tank levels down to acidic and if your tap water is more basic ever water change will be causing ph swings.

Keep an eye on your ph levels. If you plan on having so much driftwood that will bring the tank levels down to acidic and if your tap water is more basic ever water change will be causing ph swings.

+1000000000 please take this advice very very seriously! I almost lost all my fish due to this. I have ALOT of driftwood and my tap pH changed from 7.6 to 6.0 and I wasn't buffering for 6.0 so.... Yeah some say they can adapt and that's true to a certain point. But NOT 6.0.

For your sake and the sake of the fishes please check the pH of the tank often and check your tap too.

http://youtu.be/cAGb4Fr9K20

Did a water change the day before. And good thing I went out to get something to drink at 11pm. I was thirsty and when walking through the living room I noticed something was wrong even in the dark. Put the living room lights on and then the tank lights on so I wouldn't shock the fish. I know long story and I'm sorry... Just listen to my buddy. Not saying you don't. Just wanted to stress how important his advice is.

Thanks for the heads up malawi!! Haven't had any issues yet. Thank goodness n have had that piece of driftwood for bout two months next piece I purchase I was planning on more crushed coral also to help bump up the ph but yea I would be devastated if my ambitions ended up killing them thanks for the reminder!!!

This is an older pic of my flametail but it hasnt changed much since hope u enjoy

ForumRunner_20130222_113221.jpg

Back
Top Bottom