Newly Addicted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veloth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I found this forum tonight. I' started with aquariums when I received my first 55 Gal for Fathers Day. I was instantly hooked, and thanks to craigslist I have added more. Currently FW only but who knows what will happen next.

Welcome to AA! I started with FW too always thought it would eventually lead to SW however after 5 years haven't converted yet!

Hey fish junkies,
I too am a saltwater fish junkie. I started out with a walmart 10 gallon 5 years ago, and now I am up to two 90 gallon bowfront tanks. One of the two is a new addition, one week old. I upgraded a 55 gallon tank(my first salt tank) and so far it is doing great! It is testing positive for ammonia, .25, but with the addition of a few chemicals, it hasn't affected my fish so far. In that tank I have 65 lbs of live rock, and for fish, I have a blue damsel, an engineer goby, a herald's angel, one spot foxface, and a dogface puffer. My other tank, which has been up for almost a year is my pride and joy. After experimenting with different calcium combos, I found the best thing for coralline algae was reef crystals and "aragomight" by caribsea. For rock I have about the same, 65 or 70 lbs. and fishies are yellow tang, blue hippo tang, humu trigger, niger trigger, cinnamon clownfish, and the newest addition is my coolest fish yet, the almighty harlequin tusk! But after a page of rambling on, that is my addiction, and continues to grow larger and larger. I am looking forward to meeting you guys, and hope we can share info and learn from each other. Thats what its all about isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom