Newt help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bungertswife

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a male and female California Red Bellied Newt however we cant get them to eat... We tried pellets, frozen and are working on live but they wont take anything... They are in a 5 gallon, half water and half land, screen top and a light on top... Any suggestions?

Afraid I don't know much about newts, so I can't help you out much, but I moved your thread to amphibian forum so it may get a bit more attention.

Just curious, how long has it been since they have eaten? What kind of filtration is present? Any plants? How active are they?
Just a guess here but I am wondering if these were wild caught and are experiencing some type of psuedo hibernation. Not total lethargy but reduced activity and appetite.
Newt lovers chime in!

There is no filteration as the pet store had none and they are mainly on land and so have just a little water. No live plants, just a fake woodland type thing. They havent eaten since we got them and that was about 2 weeks ago and not very active just hide

I have a male and female California Red Bellied Newt however we cant get them to eat... We tried pellets, frozen and are working on live but they wont take anything... They are in a 5 gallon, half water and half land, screen top and a light on top... Any suggestions?

Perhaps try ground beef heart you can get at some pet stores mixed with some blood worms. That's what mi LPS recommended

Back
Top Bottom