Next addition?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atte

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry for another similar thread, but life became quite busy since my last post and I never got around to buying another fish. I went to my LFS this Friday and they had some variety ... and I couldn't decide what to get :rolleyes:

I've been looking at: coral beauty, purple firefish, banggai cardinal, longnose hawkfish, midas blenny, neon goby. I want something active with a personality. For that reason I'm not so sure about some of what I've listed above.

At my LFS they had a Yellow Angel swimming around that I LOVED but then the person there said they can be difficult to take care of and are prone to waste away in tanks. I wasn't sure what to do so I just decided to come back later.

Any suggestions for an entertaining fish that isn't too hard to maintain? :)

sorry if this has been stated already, but what is the tank you are keeping them in? and what do you already have?

Sorry, should have included that information :)

I have a 29gal FOWLR with an ocellaris clownfish and a blue-green chromis. It's been up running since August 2009.

do you have a clean up crew? If not I would say that would be a great addition. What about getting another clown to see if you can get a mated pair. If you do that just make sure you get a smaller one than what you already have so that you won't have a battle between two females.

I have somewhat of a CUC, just a nassarius and a turbo but I don't think I need much else, as of now at least. I have thought about getting a black ocellaris but decided to get a few other fish first. I want something entertaining (not that clowns aren't ;)) but tank size is somewhat limiting.

I would add a few more snails for sure, it is usually recommended that you have a snail for every 2-5 gallons. I am thinking about a black clown also for my tank as they look pretty cool. I am not sure about what would be more entertaining as I love watching clowns, but maybe a goby as they seem to be pretty personable. Just make sure whatever you get it isn't nocturnal or you will never see it...

I'd go with a blenny or the fire fish with what you already have. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom