next fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I went and got 4 female german rams and 4 double red apistos. I wanted to put some angelfish in there but decided against it. I've been checking out some mollies and giant danios. would either of them work with what i have or would they be lunch. All these fish added to my 2 raphs and clown pleco.

I say stay away from livebearers unless you know your getting all males. Dealing with the babies is just as bad as dealing with convict babies, it's a pain. No one really wants them and you can't ever get rid of them. Unless your planning on feeding them to your other fish I would stay away from them.

Since you have a bunch of smaller fish, I say add a few larger ones for the eye catcher fish. Like a pair of gouramis or something. Something somewhat peaceful still.

You can still with some dianos those for some school fish.

No gouramis for me, I believe I will go with 5 giant danios, and ten serpae tetras. I'm not looking to breed any fish, even though the apistos I got would have some pretty offspring. I'll try to get all males if possible.

Honestly i would get some angels. Because iif you got a pair of angels and even some gouromis and maybe even the danios would eat the livebearers young and it could be a source of nutrient rich live food. Kinda like a treat.

maybe down the road I will get some angels, but the whole territorial fighting thing is something i don't want to see. All my fish so far are really small(all around 1'' except the plec and raphs), so I'm hoping that growing up together will help everyone will get used to each other and get along. Its a long shot, but it just might work

None will have issues with territory, unless you get a pair and you still do not have to worry about it if there is not too many angels. You could get 3 with no problem too and not have to worry any. But in the end you put what you want. I like tanks with angels and i think that tanks with no fish above 2 or 3" is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom