Nice rock to place in my plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smn723

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I'm trying to find some nice rock online to build some caves out of to put within my plants. Already have some nice pieces of driftwood in there but want to add a nice rock cave on the right side of my tank. Anyone know where to get some good rock online? Thanks in advance.

Try Home Depot. They have small stones for lining gardens, and I think they would have larger slabs for walkways and such. Just make sure they are aquarium safe as some may leech into the water over time.

Also see if there are any landscaping supply companies in your area. Or a small rock quarry. Shipping rocks gets expensive fast! You could also try to find a river/stream and collect your own.

Yeah maybe I'll check out a place that sells pond decor. Thanks all.

Slate works great, will not effect water chemistry and can be found at any garden center. All you need is goggles and a hammer to make the pieces you want.

Ended up getting some river rock and flagstone. They said the flagstone is very similar to slate and is used in a lot of koi ponds so it shouldn't affect the water chemistry. I will be sure to keep up on testing to verify.

Back
Top Bottom