Nice surprise in my african show tank this morning!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The catfish are trying to breed again!! Been watching them closely! Thinking I should either take them out and out them in a 40 gallon with my lemon jake group? Or should I just do the clay pot with marbles in the tray method and hope for the best?? Any ideas? Or suggestions?

Good lord....lol have you even gotten to get the others sold or given away yet...lol

Haha no! Still too small. I Am however making room to have the adults in there own tank now! Gonna see what I can do as far as actually trying to breed them! Lol! I just had to sell my group of lemon jakes so hopefully itll be worth it...

So my adults have been in their own tank for about 3 weeks to a month and I now have about 20-25 more babies! Found them under a rock in the adult tank! Was a challenge trying to catch them though... Need to figure out an easier way.

Well no...i set mine up for nature to run its course i have 3 alto. Compressiceps in my tank too ... i dont really have the room to raise fry and we have 5+ fish holding at all times :/

Ahh ok. Ya that was happening when I had them in my African tank. The cichlids would follow behind the adult petricolas as they were breeding and suck the eggs up before they could even hit the substrate! Was aggravating/frustrating to watch so I gave the catfish their own tank for now to see if they would continue to breed. So far so good!

Sorry to jump in but my yellow lab is holding. She has her pouch and I can see the eggs in her mouth shes right now in a Marina breeding tank. How much longer? My blue zebra was also holding but unfortunately the fry were aborted. This is a first for both.

Sorry to jump in but my yellow lab is holding. She has her pouch and I can see the eggs in her mouth shes right now in a Marina breeding tank. How much longer? My blue zebra was also holding but unfortunately the fry were aborted. This is a first for both.

I usually wait 14 days and then I strip the female of her eggs. They will be wigglers by then.

Back
Top Bottom