Nigel's Mountain Scape 36L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nigel95

Aquarium Advice Regular
New nano scape for a live contest (Vivarium) in November.

Have a look at my Youtube channel
clear.png

>> www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping
<<

Specs planted tank aquarium
Tank
40x30x30 cm
36 litre / 9.5 gal

Lighting
Aqualighter 1 30cm

Hardscape
Dragon stone

Substrate
Ada la plata
Lava split

Plants
Fissidens mini
Riccardia chamedryfolia
Flame moss
Eleocharis acicularis mini
Buce mini coin

Co2
Pressurized CO2 with a diffusor

Filter
Eheim classic 150

hardscape progress mountain 40cm by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

The video is so relaxing.
I’m thinking the cigarette filter holds the glue that is being used to bond loose pieces of the scape together. Just a guess.

Thanks guys.

Yes it is very good way to combine hardscape. My friend made a video about this method:

Top view of the mountain hardscape. Almost everywhere in the crevices I put some cig filters to make the hardscape strong as possible so I can transport it to the live contest.
mountain hardscape top view by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Decided to try some fine leaved stems in the back. If it doesn't work out I can always go back to flame moss.

14 days in dry start now. One week before flooding! I will add dhg mini, rotala wallichi, hemianthus micranthemoides to the scape right before flooding. When tank is stable/cycled I will add some HC and buce mini coin.

riccardia fiss macro day 14 dsm detail by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
fissidens riccardia day 14 detail shot by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr
day 14 dsm top view by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Strange thing is for my eye it looks more rocks are covered in moss since 14 days of dry start! But when comparing photos it even looks like some moss has fallen off due spraying the tank daily. Weird haha!

day 1 vs day 14 dsm by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Room shot of the 40cm mountain scape (dry start) for Aquaflora Vivarium contest. Added a desk lamp to make sure everywhere will reach light. Also with more light I hope mosses will attach faster. Spraying twice a day with RO water to prevent buildup of lime on the glass. Two small openings for ventilation to prevent mold.

40 cm mountain dry start setup by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Day 27
Some GDA on the rocks using quite some light in this scape. But I like it, gives a natural feeling. Still a way to go to get the moss in shape and stems above the rocks in the back.

Looks more awesome every time I see it. You did an outstanding job giving the illusion of depth front to back. I know it's some distance there, but from the frount it looks way further back than it is.

Back
Top Bottom