Nils 2.5G upgrade to 5.5G DP Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have the Finnex Stingray? I was thinking about getting that for a 5.5. Do you like it? Does it grow your plants well? I'm on my laptop right now and I can't see any of your attachments for some reason but on mobile I remember the tank looking great. Were you growing Blyxa in here?

You have the Finnex Stingray? I was thinking about getting that for a 5.5. Do you like it? Does it grow your plants well? I'm on my laptop right now and I can't see any of your attachments for some reason but on mobile I remember the tank looking great. Were you growing Blyxa in here?

I have the Stingray running on this tank. Basic plants but I do like the light (y)

Hey! Yep, it's the Finnex Stingray. The clip light though. I don't like it, I love it!! It's got red, blue and white LED's that grow my plants really great! I am growing blyxa and it grows like a weed!! Very good growth out of all plants, especially anacharis and bulbs.

So what do you guys think of this idea: DHG for the front of the tank?
I've been eyeing some of it in those gel packs at PetCo for a while, just I always chicken out because I'm afraid I'm going to kill it. I know it won't be one of those "lush" and very green carpets, but just something to fill in the front. I don't know if the Co2, Co2 Booster and the light will be enough to keep it alive though. I don't have a problem with any other plants but mostly just because they are low demand plants. What do you guys say, DHG or not? If not I won't, mostly just because I don't feel like spending $8 on it and have it die lol.

Here's a pic of where it will go. Hopefully it loads. So what do you think, do it or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here's a pic of where it will go. Hopefully it loads. So what do you think, do it or not?

No pic for me. I've been having trouble lately but I think everyone has. Website problems it sounds like (but only on Apple products I think?).

DOWN WITH APPLE. I NOTHING.

Tanks looking good nils. Id say give DHG a try. You got the tank, Light , and the skills to not kill it no matter what you try like me.

New 2.5 Gallon Build!

Just a test ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442278666.948229.jpg
This is the AC50 plastic lip mod you were asking about.
I'm using an iPhone 5S OS v8.4.1

Edit: Bleep-bleep it worked

Lol ok I guess, maybe get some more opinions. I'll sleep on it, see if m brain thinks it's a good idea too :)

Yeah it's worth a shot. I saw both yours and fresh's pics. Iphone 5C iOS 8.1.3 (not enough storage for new emojis for me).

Nils do you think you could post a FTS when you get the chance using the same method you used for that test pic. I don't know what this tank looks like but I remember seeing it before. Quite frustrating.

Ok sure no problem. Glad to :)

Came home to a huge problem. Worm culture: Dead. Cleaned it out everything died. Only 10 or so survivors out of 3 tablespoons of worms :banghead: This is the 4th time my cultures have crashed and I have no idea why. Put the survivors in the container with new water, the air stone and some craft mesh for grip. WHY WHY WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DIE???? SO AGGRAVATING!! How do I set up a new culture and keep it alive for more than a week or two??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom