Nirvana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have reached nirvana!

I have to admit I have been lax on testing my water and keeping up with the parameters. I haven't had any issues in the tank for some time and I just haven't tested much. The last set of tests I did on the water was about 6 weeks ago. Today, since I'm off all week, I thought I would see what the water was doing. After nearly 3 years I have finally arrived at 0 NitrAtes. I thought since I hadn't tested in so long that I may have messed up so I did a second to verify results. 0 My tank has always stayed between 5 and 10 for NitrAtes but today it is 0. Just thought I would share. LOL

Awesome! Not about the not testing (shame on you) but the 0 nitrAtes.

Yes I know...shame on me. Bad bad reefer.

I need a new alk kit but my CA is at 500. My PH this morning was 7.9 my lights don't come on til well...right now the actinics turned on. MH in a couple of hours. I'll test the PH again later this evening and see where it is. My guess is 8.3 ish....

I also need a new Mg kit. Guess it's time to order.

With all that money you're making on frags don't you have all this in real-time readout mode accessible from any computer on the internet 24 hours a day, complete with webcam and push-button feedings?

LOL...don't I wish. Just the real-time readouts on all these tests would be more money then I have in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom