niteoctopus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

idol1

Aquarium Advice Freak
caught a baby niteocopus last night,it was florescent green,they are mostly red ones we get, I will try and post a picture when he comes out of hideing. bit me twice. I realy like the day ones a lot better calmer and good prsonalitys

Confused what's a niteoctopus? Just an octopus that comes out at night???lol sorry I'm not a cephalopod expert!!

the ocelatus and the red octopus in Hawaii are considered nite octopus and yes they come out at night, we also have a day octopus color is brown but changes to match its environment and moves around the reef during the day.

If this was a wild caught Octopus then you will need to feed it live or at least fresh foods. How big do these get and what size it the tank?? They do not seem to live very long in a tank.

Possibly isn't allowed to be taken from the waters either.

I'm idol1, I live in Hawaii most octopus here are taken for food,I have a collecters permit for takeing aquarium sp.Food is not a problem.We catch crabs for them and they take frozen smelts, shrimp and squid. I also keep junk fish swimming in the tank so they can catch a snack when they want. Most octopus only live for one year wild or tanked. That's why I only catch babys. I have 3 octopus tanks.The nite Octopu will only eat live crabs right now where the day octopus eats every thing.

neon green octopus sounds quite interesting Must need a huge tank ,
closest I've been to a octopus was on the deadliest catch on my big screen

baby nite octopus in a 20 gal, baby day octopus in 20gal. med day octopus, 60 gal. the two are small. they are filtered by 1200 cascade canister filters. the 60 is filtered by a 1500 cascade and 30-60 aquatic out side filter a protein skimmer and a lg internal powerhead filter combo. nite octopus spends all of its time covered in sand and collecting coral rubble for its den. I am in the process of setting up a 55 gal.

Back
Top Bottom