Nitrate Levels HELP.....Question about feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazznijjar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am having a problem with my Nitrate Levels (too High), I have done everything to my knowledge to reduce them. I have done water changes of 25% with no effect. Please Help

I have a 20 gallon fresh water tank, with a side filter, 15 tetra's

Also how often should I feed them. I have heard everything from 1-4 time a day.

Thanks

i feed mine oce a day that is it and they are noramlly very healthy and my water conditions are perfect. 8)

What is your nitrate level? Maybe do larger or more frequent water changes. Have you tested your tap water for ammonia and nitrates? Sometimes you get a reading for those things right out of the faucet. Thank God I've never had to deal with that. *knocks on wood*

What kind of filter is yours? What brand and model?

well i feed my fish 3 times a day

once when i go to school

once when i get home from school

and once when i go to bed which is roughly 10:30-11:30

my nitrates i dont really test them cause i know that m tank is fully cycled and i just do all my PWC on friday and my nitrates drop i am sure of this but i am warning you, the common pleco and all other plecos are the grossest fish IMO because they have such long feces my pl*cos feces are longer than him, and he is about 3-4" long! so watch all their feces and keep an eye on the nitrates and do not feed them 4 times a day because all the excess nutrients will get into the gravel and you will get planaria aka nematodes and those are little free swimming worms that my fish love to eat so i hope your tank goes well

HTH

Once a day is fine. Sometimes twice (small amounts). I feed mine only at night and my Nitrate levels are at 10 and have been steady at 10 for quite some time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom