nitrate remover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm4pm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
does eny body have a nitrate remover? . iv e been looking at the aqripure fillter advertised on this site and i was wondering if they do what it says on the tin.

Do more or bigger water changes. That will keep them down, or you can add some live plants. I wouldn't go with chemicals.

Agreed. Whether for SW or FW, I think there are better ways of dealing with nitrate issues. Can you give us some details on your tank and why you are looking for nitrate removal?

i have not nitrate problems at the moment. i just read the advert on this site and thoght it sounded good. less water changes would save time and money. which is something i dont have loads off. dont get me wrong i love my new fish and would do eny thing for them including changing water after a 12 hour shift.

You first need to tell us aboout your tank.
FW or SW?
How many gallons/ litres is the tank?
How long has it been up and running with fish?
Type filter?
What are the current water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, salinity, temp, calcium and alkalinity. Please post numbers of results.
What else is in the tank (livestock and equipment)?

What is the nitrate problem you are having? What are your nitrate numbers?
How often do you do a partial water change and how much water do you change each time?
What type of food are you feeding (frozen [what?], flake [what?], freeze dried [again, what?])?
Are you adding any supplements?
If so, what, how much and how often?

For a FO tank, PWCs are your best choice.

hi i have got a 240 lt fowlr. i have just started my tank its been running for 6 days now. i have two common clowns in there . which was recomended by a biginers book to cycle my tank .(salt water aquariums for dummys by gregory skomal,phd).i have some live rock 2 killo ,a 1000lth canaster and a 1300 lth protain skimmer. i have put api strees coat and strees zym biologicle fillter boaster in to decrease the stress to the fish. my graverty is at 1023 my tempreture is around 25c (24.5c before i put the lights on 25.5c wene they go out) is that ok? ive been feeding them dry flake food.my tests yesterday were ph 8.2,nh3/nh4 0.25 , no2 0.25 , no3 0.5. ive not got a problem with nitrate i will do a water change tonight which will bring them down.i was asking if they work or not.

Back
Top Bottom