Nitrates and nitrites are high! Help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ammo lock is still useful while you cycle the tank, the tetra stuff I would just chalk it up as a loss believe me man I have so much wrapped up into my small 55gal, but it's worth it. im actually getting ready to start a 150 cause well I enjoy them so much, it will take me a long time to set up the 150 cause I cannot afford everything at once either.
Okay well I'll keep using the ammolock at least. But that sucks that the tetra goes to waste. It's a big bottle. For the prime I just got a 3.4 oz one because you said I don't need a lot

Correct you will use maybe 1 ml a week
Okay cool. Well hopefully it all works out. Good luck on starting your 150! I wish I could upgrade but I don't have the time money or space at this point. It's difficult enough with just this one tank?

Tetras, Danios, rainbows, 3 juvenile clown loaches that ill have to return to my lfs in a few months because they get so big

Quick pic of today after water change and them eating I don't have time to sit and be a photographer today lol1479157210071.jpg

I just started with plants I just have a few Anubias, and a couple swords
I was trying to avoid plants because of the filth but I do water changes once a week when I'm not having issues and now I realize it would be okay to get more. You have a very beautiful tank! I have 4 danios, 4 platys and a zebra snail. Unfortunately I lost a catfish and a platy last week because of the toxins. I can't wait until I can stock again

Don't over stock, Danios are schooling fish you need 6+, ty on the compliment I just started changing it 5 months ago so it's still bare as I started over, got rid of the plastic decor and went all natural except the tree on the right is still plastic but I paid 35 bucks for that so I will fill in around it lmao

Don't over stock, Danios are schooling fish you need 6+, ty on the compliment I just started changing it 5 months ago so it's still bare as I started over, got rid of the plastic decor and went all natural except the tree on the right is still plastic but I paid 35 bucks for that so I will fill in around it lmao
Yeah I know. I have 8 fish in total now and I'm looking to get about 4 or 5 more fish once my tank is up to par. And nice. I was scared to go natural just because I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up with the cleaning, but so far so good. I'm looking to get another plant at least. I have a piece of driftwood also

Mines all drift wood, Texas Holey rock, plants im currently in the process of restocking as rainbows need to be in groups of 4-5 I lost 4 a year ago to my nephew putting a sick fish in my tank without me even knowing so I took 90.00 out if his rump lol, and I need a centerpiece fish didn't know what I'm going to get yet though my angel just died from my glass lid falling in the tank and scaring him where he went head first into the tank :(1479160610433.jpg1479160638686.jpg

My first thing I am doing is changing gravel which will take quite some time e as you have to do it slow so you don't kill your bio bed changing it over to I haven't decided yet lol have to do more research on planted tanks

Mines all drift wood, Texas Holey rock, plants im currently in the process of restocking as rainbows need to be in groups of 4-5 I lost 4 a year ago to my nephew putting a sick fish in my tank without me even knowing so I took 90.00 out if his rump lol, and I need a centerpiece fish didn't know what I'm going to get yet though my angel just died from my glass lid falling in the tank and scaring him where he went head first into the tank :(View attachment 290974View attachment 290975
You should get a shark! I was so bummed out when I found out I couldn't get a freshwater shark because my tank is too small. I really wanted one. Your tank looks awesome though. It's very pretty. I like the black lights too.

Back
Top Bottom