Nitrite reduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would also recommend finding a small sand filter. I use the v2 1500 on every tank i own thats freshwater. American Aquarium Products is where i ordered all of mine from.
Google : fluidized Sand Bed Filter and look for the aforementioned company. It will stabilize your nitrates at 0.

Question... Are you using an undergravel filter?

No. I'm using a fluval 206 canister and a fluval C4 HOB. How much was your sand filter? And how hard would it be to install now that I have the tank set up?

Not very hard. The unit in question is a HOB model that can be run with the addition of a small pump, (i only use rio brand head/pumps)

With a sand filter, it carries the biological load, so you can make the tank much more stable.

I would also recommend finding a small sand filter. I use the v2 1500 on every tank i own thats freshwater. American Aquarium Products is where i ordered all of mine from. Google : fluidized Sand Bed Filter and look for the aforementioned company. It will stabilize your nitrates at 0. Question... Are you using an undergravel filter?
What is a sand filter? How does one use it?

Back
Top Bottom