NLS Choices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
Solely for Mbuna, I'm currently using the Cichlid Formula for obvious reasons.

I only have one main gripe with it though, the pellet size - at 1mm - is ridiculously small.
It's not like I'm having any problems with this food but I'd just prefer the larger size.

I'm thinking about switching foods, possibly to the Medium Formula.

Does anyone use this for Mbuna?

What are the protein levels like? I can't seem to find details on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The cichlid formula comes in 2mm as well. The protein amount is the same for both.

We have fed both NLS cichlid and NLS thera A to mbuna and every other fish for years. I can't recommend it enough.

I have fed both 1mm and 2mm to mbuna without issue. 3mm is too big for most mbuna though.

The cichlid formula comes in 2mm as well. The protein amount is the same for both.

We have fed both NLS cichlid and NLS thera A to mbuna and every other fish for years. I can't recommend it enough.

I have fed both 1mm and 2mm to mbuna without issue. 3mm is too big for most mbuna though.

Why can't I find the Cichlid Form in 2mm?

Is it only available in the US or something?

Why can't I find the Cichlid Form in 2mm?
Is it only available in the US or something?
I can't find it anymore either. Maybe they stopped making it.

Let me see if I can find the nutrition info for you.

I feed 3mm to mine, that's only size my LFS carries. Adults have no problem with it, my juveniles do so I supplement with flakes till they get bigger.

I feed 3mm to mine, that's only size my LFS carries. Adults have no problem with it, my juveniles do so I supplement with flakes till they get bigger.

Best food I've got round my ways is Hikari.
Not trying to bash them but ordering NLS online might cost 2x more but you get 3x more food.

Alagemax 2mm, $13.24 for 125g on Amazon

Or

Thera-A 2mm, $15.99 for 250g on Amazon.

Thera-A is also a lower protein blend than the Cichlid formula. I personally use Thera-A .5mm-2mm, Community 2mm floating, Grow .5mm and Algaemax 1mm.

Alagemax 2mm, $13.24 for 125g on Amazon

Or

Thera-A 2mm, $15.99 for 250g on Amazon.

Thera-A is also a lower protein blend than the Cichlid formula. I personally use Thera-A .5mm-2mm, Community 2mm floating, Grow .5mm and Algaemax 1mm.

You forget that you don't have to pay for shipping, that's my only problem.

I managed to find 600g Cichlid for around £20. This is probably the best I'll get.

Any Thera-A mix is stupidly more expensive for me.

Back
Top Bottom